Position is in Bureau of Administration, Office of Logistics Management, Office of Program Management and Policy, Diplomatic Pouch and Mail Division(DPM), Unclassified Pouch and Mail Branch. Position plans, designs, and implements new and improved information systems to meet the strategic business, user, functional and integration requirements of the Department.
If eligible, applicants to this announcement may be referred to other positions in other Bureaus/Offices in the Department.Learn more about this agency
- Uses in-depth knowledge of systems analysis principles and techniques, processing engineering concepts, and new and emerging information systems technologies to evaluate new systems design methodologies in logistics software systems.
- Implements improved processes and the application of technology for logistics programs.
- Plays a major role in defining major and critical problems; advises management officials of the advantages and disadvantages of various approaches; and anticipates and addresses the needs for knowledge and understanding of available alternatives.
- Represents the Office for assigned projects across the Department and provides updates to clients on the project lifecycle: project progress, issues, resolution and any impacts to cost.
- Manages project funds consistent with process attained and measures and monitors performance to ensure commitments of all parties are being maintained. Reviews and analyzes cost reports to assure charges are authorized and appropriate.
Occasional travel - Occasional overseas or domestic travel may be required, 1-3 trips per year.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549202100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.