This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), at the GLA VA Medical Center in the Engineering Dept. The primary purpose of the position is for the incumbent to disassemble, repair, modify, assemble, and test a variety of electrical equipment and other non-electrical equipment within the Material Transport System and Pneumatic Tube System in the Engineering Department.Learn more about this agency
- Tests, troubleshoots, modifies, repairs, and overhauls a variety of complex electrical devices in the Engineering Department.
- Refers to blueprints, schematics, and engineering and manufacturers' specifications and other such controlling criteria if available.
- Works from work orders, verbal instruction and personal observation to perform maintenance and repair (scheduled and routine, as well as Emergency) to building service equipment.
- Repairs or replaces motors, transformers, precision coils, brushes, seals, bearings, gears, leads, fields, armatures, solenoids, conveyer chains and take-up units, wiring, and other electrical or control parts.
- Troubleshoots, repairs or replaces vacuum/blower motors, control boards, decontaminate pneumatic tube system when spills are detected, release wedged carriers within the system.
- Monitors and provides chemicals used for sterilization and decontamination of all surgical and medical modules.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and replaces parts of the automated washer, such as steam and cold water lines, heat exchangers, programmable logic control board.
- Tests electrical and electronic equipment for continuity, voltage drop, ground shorts, opens, and overheating.
- Reconditions and fabricates obsolete parts and components of the existing conveyor system using mills, lathes and other machine tools.
- Uses a variety of test equipment to troubleshoot malfunctions to the lowest circuit element on single or multiple layer printed circuit boards.
- Sets up and operates computer-controlled automatic test equipment (ATE) to run established and new diagnostic programs in various operational and functional test modes.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position Description Title/PD#: /10679-A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549193500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.