This is a trainee position within the Department of Financial and Portfolio Management (DFPM), Portfolio Management Division. Incumbent is responsible for assisting senior level specialists with disbursements, monitoring/reporting on approved finance projects through lifecycle of project; monitoring/reporting on the Non Honoring of the Sovereign Guarantee product; and monitoring reports on compliance issues. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding professional experience, apply today!Learn more about this agency
- Manage all phases of the project finance credit management process, from time of disbursement to repayment.
- Assist with managing relationships with senior project managers, OPIC and project-appointed consultants, sponsors, guarantors, other creditors, and other parties.
- Assist with evaluations of OPIC's collateral in projects by ascertaining the nature of the collateral, its location, availability, current value, and sufficiency to cover OPIC's financial risk.
- Accompany senior specialists in conducting periodic site visits to examine the interim developing of projects and assessing conformity with written documentation received during the period.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
QualificationsIn order to be eligible for the Pathways Recent Graduates Program, the following qualifications must be met:
- You must be a U.S. citizen;
- You must possess a qualifying associates, bachelor's, master's professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution, within the previous 2 years.
At the GS-9 grade level, you must meet one of the following qualifications:
A. Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level in the Federal service. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience for this position is experience working with financing concepts, principles, techniques, and practices, especially as they relate to international project financing; OR
B. A master's or equivalent graduate degree; or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree (36 semester hours, or 54 quarter hours of graduate level coursework) in one of the following fields: accounting, finance, economics, business management and administration; or LL.B. or J.D; OR
C. An equivalent combination of specialized experience and education as described above. (For example, six months of specialized experience and one and a half years of graduate study, e.g. 27 semester hours or 41 quarter hours of graduate coursework as described above.)
Only experience and education obtained within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement will be considered.
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) official or unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement. All documentation needs to be legible. If selected, you will need to provide official transcripts.
Only education from institutions which are accredited or preaccredited/candidate for accreditation may be used to meet education requirements.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
- Appointees must sign a Participant Agreement that sets forth the expectations for the Pathways Program.
- The duration of an excepted service appointment in the Pathways Program is a trial period.
- Appointment under the Recent Graduates Program may not exceed two years. Appointees may be non-competitively converted to the competitive service after successful completion of at least two years of continuous service, in addition to all of the requirements of the Recent Graduates Program.
This position requires full-time work schedule.
If converted to a permanent or term appointment the intended targeted position will be Portfolio Monitoring Specialist GS-1101-09 FPL 14. Although, the position and FPL may change based on the need of the organization at the time of conversion.
Upon conversion, promotion up to the full performance level may be made without further competition. However, promotion(s) will depend on the performance of the incumbent and are not guaranteed.
OPIC uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.
Applicants who applied under vacancy announcement number OPIC-19-PW-10519480MM must reapply under this announcement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application: https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. The categories for this announcement are defined as: Best-Qualified, Well-Qualified, and Qualified. Your resume and supporting documentation will then be used to determine if you are qualified for this job. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligible within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-09 level or higher).
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Financial Risk Management
- Portfolio and Investment/Project Management
- Corporate Finance
- Technical Competency - Accounting
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment and duties performed.
- Transcript(s): You MUST furnish a copy of your college transcript(s) which includes degree conferred date. If selected for this position, you will be required to furnish an ORIGINAL transcript prior to being appointed.
- Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Veterans' Preference documentation, if applicable (e.g. DD-214 Member Copy 4 showing type of discharge/character of service, SF-15 Form and related documentation, VA letter, etc.)
Do not upload Adobe portfolio documents. Adobe portfolio documents are not viewable by our agency's staffing offices.
It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section of this vacancy.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
- You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
- To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- You may preview the Assessment Questionnaire at: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10630796
Agency contact information
AddressOverseas Private Investment Corporation
1100 New York Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20527
For status updates on your application, please follow the directions listed above in the How to Apply section. Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. If you are selected for an interview for this position, you will be contacted directly. A final job offer for this position is typically made within several weeks after the closing date of the vacancy announcement. After confirming a job offer, all other applicants will be notified of their non-selection.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549193000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.