Learn more about this agency
The HR Specialist (Recruitment/Placement) will be supporting VISN 10 Network Staffing in all facets of recruitment and placement. Position will be located in a Shared Service Unit (SSU) or Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday. 8:00 am-4:30 pm (Upon approval, a set tour of duty may begin and end between the hours of 6:00 am and 5:30 pm)
Position Description/PD#: HR Specialist (Recruitment/Placement)/PD99989, PD99989a, PD99989b, and PD99989c
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Major duties include:
- Evaluates applications and resumes using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Veterans Administration (VA) qualification standards, verifies eligibility, and qualifies applicants;
- Prepares vacancy announcements based on Position Descriptions (PD) and/or functional statements (FS) and Subject Matter Expert (SME) analysis of the position;
- Receives and reviews local and regional recruitment requests;
- Provides technical advice and assistance to the HR staff and VISN management in all areas of staffing, including priority placement, direct hiring, and special hiring authorities;
- Troubleshoots and resolves difficult and controversial internal and external staffing and placement problems;
- Prepares written correspondence and other documents;
- Advises and consults on targeted recruitment strategies and non-traditional recruitment opportunities specific to the local and regional market;
- Creates benchmarks in achieving short and long-term recruitment outcomes.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549144900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.