The Director, Policy, Plans and Requirements (PPR), reports directly to the Director, White House Military Office (WHMO) and is responsible for coordinating programs related to continuity of government (COG).Learn more about this agency
As the Director, PPR, the incumbent will:
- Review and continually evaluate continuity of the Presidency (COP) programs to ensure uninterrupted execution of the President's three constitutional roles of Commander in Chief, Chief Executive, and Head of State.
- Review other Executive Branch continuity efforts for attainment of mission objectives and conformance to national security policy.
- Review, define, and evaluate current, planned, and anticipated operational capabilities to guide and inform WHMO and OSD out-year capital investment strategy.
- Ensure effective management of project schedules and budgets; make recommendations to senior management on matters bearing on technical adequacy, deviations, alternate methods, procedures, planning, efficiency, and economy on assigned projects.
- Provide recurring acquisition and project updates to the Director of WHMO and other senior White House officials to ensure efficacy and adequacy of requirements and capabilities in line with national continuity policy.
- Ensure awareness of and coordination with policy developments in associated program areas such as critical infrastructure protection and counter-terrorism policy; analyze the results of assessments, tests, exercises, technical reviews and related studies and reports, and coordinate development of recommended corrective actions; and coordinate assessments of critical assets and infrastructure.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/549091200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.