Learn more about this agency
The Rating Veterans Service Representative (RVSR) works as a member of the Intake Processing Center or in special missions of the Veterans Service Center. The incumbent serves as a decision maker for claims involving rating decisions. Specifically, the RVSR will:
- Analyzes claims to determine if diseases and injuries were incurred in or aggravated by the military service in the line of duty for purposes of compensation, hospital treatment, prosthetic appliances, and related employment and compensation benefits.
- Determine a need for examinations or re-examinations for observations of Veterans and their dependents and the character of such examinations.
- Determine the permanent incapacity and/or the competency of the Veterans and their dependents.
- Apply VA's Schedule for Rating Disabilities (Rating Schedule) and prepare rating decisions informing the Veterans Service Representative and/or claimant of the decision and reasons and basis for it.
- As dictated by the circumstances of the claims case, may directly communicate and interact with Veterans and their representative/advocates
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible: May be Available
Telework: Maybe Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Position Description/PD#: Veterans Service Representative/02104A
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This is a bargaining unit position.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548994000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.