The primary role of the Float Pool Intermittent Registered Nurse (RN) is to provide back-up coverage for the nursing staff in various area of the Alexandria Health Care System. The duty station is the Alexandria VA Medical Center, main campus, Pineville, Louisiana. The Float Intermittent RN works as needed to support the patient care needs of the facility.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: This Announcement is for an Intermittent RN Position; a minimum of 24 hours is required within each 2 week Pay Period.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Functions as a primary nurse for a defined group of patients for her/his shift and is responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing process when providing and/or supervising direct patient care.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates care based on age- and culture-specific components.
- Assumes responsibility for the coordination of care focused on patient transition through the continuum of care, patient, and family education, patient self-management after discharge, and supporting factors that impact customer satisfaction.
- Provides care and counseling of persons or in the promotion and maintenance of health and prevention of illness and injury based upon the nursing process that includes systematic data gathering, assessment, appropriate nursing judgment, and evaluation of human responses to actual or potential health problems through such services as case finding, health teaching, health counseling; provision of care supportive to or restorative of life and well-being; and executing medical regimens including administering medications and treatments prescribed by a licensed or otherwise legally authorized provider.
- Considers all characteristics of the individual, including age and life stages, state of health, race and culture, values, and previous experiences. Administers medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines.
- Provides cross coverage to other areas as assigned by management.
- Influences care outcomes by collaborating with members of the interdisciplinary team. Core elements of performance include knowledge and active participation in unit/program level quality improvement processes and initiatives and customer service programs.
- The nurse's primary commitment is to the patient/resident, whether an individual, family, group, or community.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548952900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.