The Occupational Safety, Health and Medical Services Division is seeking a Fire Protection Engineer to provide occupational safety and fire protection engineering analysis for research facility designs and oversight of related safety programs.Learn more about this agency
- Participate in the Center's facility safety and risk management related to occupational safety and fire protection.
- Works closely with the engineering department on construction plans, facility designs and construction specifications to ensure that safety and fire protection features essential to the maintenance of existing, modified and new facilities.
- Witness fire suppression and fire alarm acceptance testing.
- Provide technical reviews and advice on electrical safety including arc flash hazard analysis and equipment labeling.
- Manage implementation of assigned safety programs including fire protection, electrical safety, control of hazardous energy, and machine guarding.
- Perform annual reviews of assigned safety programs.
- Serve as the Safety Division representative to the Acquisition Division.
- Provide input on procurements, including the development of specifications in requests for proposals, and review of proposals and contract deliverables.
- Consult with senior management, headquarters personnel, other federal agencies, and to foreign and commercial organizations on the safety impacts of the design or construction of facilities, systems, or equipment.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548828300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.