If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for conducting investigations dealing with difficult and complex matters involving all aspects of the securities market.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in the Division of Enforcement in Washington, D.C.
- Conducts complex investigations being undertaken by the SEC. Develops investigative or litigation plans and adjusts as appropriate during the course of an investigation.
- Drafts subpoenas and other requests for documents, questions witnesses through interviews, testimony, or depositions, evaluates documentary evidence to demonstrate whether sufficient evidence exists to prove violations of federal securities laws.
- Provides management with advice and work products exhibiting knowledge, insight, and understanding of relevant law and facts.
- Uses sound judgment and determine the quality, accuracy and relevance of information or data, analyze information to identify relationships and trends, and integrate and synthesize facts to reach reasonable conclusions.
- Communicates with agency officials at all levels, including supervisors, coworkers, staff in courts and private industry, and other agencies.
- Organizes work, set priorities, and determine short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them. Develops innovative solutions to address issues and problems or involving novel or unexplored questions of law or policy.
- May participate in all aspects of litigation in federal court and administrative proceedings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548444000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.