Serves as a Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist in the Hematology, Coagulation, Blood Bank and POC (Point-of-Care) Testing Sections of a Critical Access Hospital Laboratory which supports agency facilities for the diagnosis of clinical disorders, with responsibility for performing routine and specialized studies in Hematology, Coagulation, Blood Bank and POC, solving highly complex diagnostic problems, and modifying or adapting new methods of techniques to improve or expand services.Learn more about this agency
THIS POSITION IS BEING RE-ADVERTISED TO SOLICIT ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS. APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT REAPPLY UNLESS SUBMITTING UPDATED AND/OR MISSING INFORMATION.
- Train new Laboratory staff and new clinical staff. Provide current staff with techniques of team building and working in teams to accomplish tasks or projects.
- Maintain program and administrative reference materials, project files and relevant background documents and make available policies, procedures and written instructions from the supervisor.
- Lead the team in identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established work flow, skill level and/or occupational specialization.
- Ensure testing processes adhere to acceptable levels of performance based on quality management procedures and principles.
- Write and implement quality assurance and Performance Improvement plans and submit Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement reports on a monthly basis.
- Position reports to the Supervisory Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548389000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.