The General Engineer is assigned to the Office of the Chief, Engineering Service at the Miami VA Healthcare System, Miami, Florida. As the General Engineer, you will oversee, direct and administer the construction and maintenance of facilities and structures. The General Engineer also conducts and provides professional advisory services pertaining to the observation, examination, measurements, analysis, mapping and description of physical and cultural features and phenomena.Learn more about this agency
The General Engineer determines requirements, reconnaissance, location and prepare design, specification and estimates. The incumbents primary focus will involve project management. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing and making recommendations concerning feasibility, cost, and effect on operations of anticipated physical changes and alteration,space reallocations, or construction of new projects.
- Inspects construction work in progress to assure the work compiles with the contract.
- Provides advice on engineering aspects related to purchase and installation of new equipment.
- Applies fundamental principles of economics to determine sound engineering judgment for long range budgeting and construction project.
- Utilizes computerized drafting, equipment, and full-size drawing production/reproduction, such the latest in AutoCAD.
- Provides management and staff including professional staff with professional engineering advice in the areas of equipment selection, layout.
- Communicates and treats customers and their representatives, visitors, and all staff in a courteous, tactful, and respectful manner.
- Provides the customer with consistent information according to established policies and procedures.
- Handles conflict and problems in dealing with the customer constructively and appropriately.
- Composes complex correspondence or other written work (for example, management of technical reports, research or contract proposals.
Position Description Title/PD#: General Engineer/546-07072-A
Physical Requirements: The work is primarily sedentary, although some physical effort may be required, e.g., walking, standing, or carrying light items such as manuals or briefcases. Driving and traveling by motor vehicle may also be required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548290200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.