This position is being announced under FEMA's Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is located in the Office of Response and Recovery, Field Operations Directorate, Workforce Management Division, Deployment and Reports Branch, Deployment Section. In this position, you will supervise the Field Deployment Team Section; preparing policy, administering projects, and providing deployment operational support and training to Regions and Events at assorted field operations centers. Typical assignments include:
- Performing day-to-day management and oversight of the agency’s disaster deployment process. Identify staffing resources to support nationwide FEMA disaster operations.
- Providing oversight of employee mobilization/activation, deployment and demobilization/deactivation activities.
- Supporting the development and implementation of emergency management standards, regulations, practices, training, and procedures to meet the incident workforce deployment requirements.
- Exercise technical and administrative supervisory controls that are aligned with a first level supervisory position.
- Serving as a subject matter expert and principal advisor to leadership on operational, policy development implementation, analysis, and lessons learned matters related to incident workforce deployment.
- Providing advice to senior managers for strategic planning and ensure that all strategic plan development and implementation activities are properly integrated with overall management plans.
- Leading and/or conducting a broad range of special studies, review projects of high priority interest to senior/executive FEMA leadership and other internal and external stakeholders related to incident workforce deployment processes.
- Providing oversight to performance reporting and analysis of field leadership, and delivery of mission as necessary.
- Assisting in the development and the management of the spend plan for assigned program areas of responsibility. Oversee program execution of allocations and spending and recommends reallocation strategies to meet organizational mission and objectives.
Promotion Potential: Positions filled under Stafford Act regulations generally do not have documented promotion potential; however, dependent on an employee’s ability to perform higher level duties, the continuing need for an employee to perform work associated with a higher level position, and administrative recommendation and approval, promotions may be earned by CORE employees.
75% or less - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548258800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.