THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a SUPV HR SPEC (MILITARY), Position Description Number T5033000 and is part of the Guam G1 Directorate of Manpower and Personnel, National Guard.
This position is located in the Military Personnel Office (MILPO) of the Army National Guard (ARNG) in the Plans and Actions Branch. The purpose of this position is to manage one or more of the following human resource programs: Officer Personnel Management (OPM), Enlisted Personnel Management (EPM), Personnel Systems, Boards Branch, Personnel Services Section, and Retirement Services.
- Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities. Advises and provides counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management. Selects or recommends selection of candidates for vacancies, promotions, details, and reassignments in consideration of skills and qualifications, mission requirements, and EEO and diversity objectives. Develops, modifies, and/or interprets performance standards. Explains performance expectations to employees and provides regular feedback on strengths and weaknesses. Holds employees responsible for satisfactory completion of work assignments. Appraises subordinate workers performance ensuring consistency and equity in rating techniques. Recommends awards when appropriate and approves within-grade increases. Hears and resolves employee complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher level management. Initiates action to correct performance or conduct problems. Effects minor disciplinary measures such as warnings and reprimands and recommends action in more serious disciplinary matters. Prepares documentation to support actions taken. Identifies employee developmental needs and provides or arranges for training (formal and on-the-job) to maintain and improve job performance. Discharges security responsibilities by ensuring education and compliance with security directives for employees with access to classified or sensitive material. Recognizes and takes action to correct situations posing a threat to the health or safety of subordinates. Applies EEO principles and requirements to all personnel management actions and decisions, and ensures all personnel are treated in a manner free of discrimination. Periodically reviews position descriptions to ensure accuracy, and the most effective utilization of personnel resources. Explains classification determinations to subordinate employees.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of assigned program areas, ensuring that legal and regulatory requirements are met. Develops goals and objectives that integrate organization and military human resources objectives and establishes policies and procedures for accomplishment of the same. Coordinates, plans, and schedules with other organization managers and customers as appropriate. Reviews and provides advice on organization missions (Reorganization / Activation / Deactivation, etc.), functions, and manning of serviced units, including reorganization, activation, deactivation, and transformation.
- Formulates human resources and administrative procedures and policies based on the interpretation of regulations and directives from US law, the Department of Defense (DoD), the Department of Army (DA), and the National Guard Bureau (NGB). Drafts and implements State policy based on the aforementioned policies. Implement program policy from NGB in accordance with State's strategic objectives. Manages the use of funds for accounts relating to the area of assignment and requires exercising proper control measures, forecasting, and developing and conducting of internal audit reviews.
- Coordinates, convenes and/or participates in various boards which may include the following: promotions, DA Boards, awards, selective/qualitative retention boards, MOS Medical Review Board (MMRB), Incapacitation Review Boards, Medical and/or Physical evaluations, etc. Develops initial MOI, policy and guidance for implementation of board results. Establishes analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and to ensure effectiveness of programs.
- Directs and oversees the research and response for congressional or high level headquarters' inquiries regarding military human resources matters. Provides supervision in technical and administrative guidance over Human Resources Assistants (Military), Human Resources Specialists (Military), and specialists within the other specialized functions of the MILPO.
- Conducts briefings, training, and workshops for subordinate major commands, managers, JFHQ staff and senior leadership on military personnel programs of responsibility. Participates in Soldier Readiness Processing (SRP) and unit mobilizations/demobilizations. Develops plans and policies then implements military personnel programs in support of statewide responses for defense of the Homeland, natural and/or man-made disasters, pre- and post- deployment activities, and Department of Homeland Security contingency plans. Participates in continuity of operations training and real world events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548255900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.