This announcement establishes an open continuous announcement of eligible applicants to be considered for this position. This announcement will be close once all vacancies have been filled or upon the close date, whichever comes first.Learn more about this agency
The first list of eligible applicants will be those received by October 28th, 2019.
The What Happens Next area of the announcement provides additional information on the referral process for this type of announcement.
This position is located in the Dental Service at the James A. Haley Veterans Hospital, Primary Care Annex. The service provides a full range of dental treatment including: specialty services such as prosthodontics, periodontics, oral maxillofacial prosthetics, general dentistry, and oral surgery. The Dental Service has digital x-ray and an in-house full-service laboratory. Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance to customers with questions or concerns, provides service recovery when appropriate.
- Upholds VA customer service standards.
- Sets up operatory and/or surgery suite for planned dental procedure and cleans dental unit for timely turnover.
- Performs chairside dental assisting skills proficiently and efficiently including expanded functions. Passes instruments safely, accurately, and efficiently
- Maintains both routine and specialty dental equipment per manufacturer instructions and dental service standards
- Prepares dental medicaments and impression materials per manufacturer's instructions
- Assists in specialized dental procedures, such as oral surgery, periodontics, prosthodontics, implant placement, and restoration.
- Demonstrates proper infection control procedures in setting up and cleaning operatories.
- Assists in filling gaps in the doctor's schedule due to cancelations and failed appointments.
- Assists dentist in charting findings and treatment plans in patient records.
- Makes denture impression trays, prepares bite rims, and pours models.
- Maintains patient confidentiality per HIPAA with written and verbal information.
- Follows computer security regulations.
- Works to actively ensure patient safety.
- Complies with VA education requirements.
- Supports all dental teams; actively displays Teamwork.
- Assists with any other duties as assigned.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Occasional travel - May be required to travel to other Dental Clinics within the same service for coverage, 25% of the time
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548221300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.