The ideal candidate will provide oversight for administrative functions to include analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of program operations and advises management on all facets of HR, facilities, contacting and employee development. This position starts at a salary of $120,580 (GS-14). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Region 2 team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the Branch Chief for the Administrative Services Branch of the Mission Support Division and provide a broad range of infrastructure support to the Regional Administrator, Deputy Regional Administrator, Other Regional Divisions, Headquarters components, Joint Field Offices, Emergency Response Team organization and external customers and stakeholders. Typical duties may include the following:
- Providing leadership and direction to a subordinate staff.
- Initiating personnel actions in support of staffing, recruitment, classification, etc. for all regional actions.
- Serving as a liaison with the Office of the Chief Component human Capital Office (OCCHCO) on employee and management issues, concerns and problems.
- Coordinating with Human Capital on the maintenance and accuracy of the regional Personnel authorized Listing (PAL).
- Overseeing responsibility for soliciting, evaluating, negotiating, awarding, administering, analyzing, advising on, and/or terminating contracts for the procurement of supplies and services for major complex contracts.
- Advising executive management and senior-level staff on all procurement actions for assigned organizations and determines the types of procurement instruments to be issued and which best meet the needs of the Agency for all serviced functions/offices.
25% or less - Up to 25% travel may be required for the position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548169500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.