About the Position: The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers' Vicksburg District is one of 41 Army Corps districts worldwide and one of 6 districts in the Corps' Mississippi Valley Division. The Vicksburg District provides quality engineering and other professional products and services to develop and manage the Nation's water resources needs in an economically and environmentally sustainable manner. For more information on our organization, please visit our website at http://www.mvk.usace.army.milLearn more about this agency
- Reviewing menus, worksheets and recipes, and determining type and quantities of items required for number of persons to be served and recipe requirements.
- Cutting and trimming to cooking size, and weighing or measuring portions and ingredients for regular or modified diets in accordance with menus, recipes, or other instructions.
- Preparing raw and cooked salads, dressings, gelatin, custards, and other simple desserts.
- Cleaning and maintaining in sanitary condition, all equipment and work areas.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, washing utensils, tables and refrigerators, and cleaning ovens and ranges.
- Operating in accordance with safety regulations, various mixers, grinders, steam kettles, electric urns, and other powered and mechanical kitchen equipment used in the preparation and service of food.
- Maintaining proper food safety for sanitation standards.
50% or less - Extensive travel is required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548153000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.