This position has been established on a Forest Service Unit and serves as a Fire Prevention Technician. This position is responsible for development, implementation and administration of the unit's Fire Prevention Program.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website
- Provides technical expertise on fire protection and prevention issues. Analyzes, coordinates, organizes and develops comprehensive Wildfire Prevention Analysis Plans.
- Determines probable cause of fires and collects and preserves evidence. Plans, organizes, supervises, schedules and directs group fire prevention/education contacts with internal and external entities.
- Provides continuing fire prevention information and education training to internal/external customers. Conducts field trips with the media or other interested personnel relating to fire education activities.
- Recommends or prepares public service announcements. Coordinates and conducts thorough and detailed interior and exterior fire prevention inspections.
- Issues on the spot Notices of Violations, and designates corrective action. Recommends issuing burning or campfire permits with regards to fire danger levels.
- Conducts field trips with the media or other interested personnel relating to fire education activities
- Establishes and maintains external contacts for the purpose of promoting the fire prevention program, explaining applicable rules, regulations and securing cooperation in support of fire prevention education programs and policies.
- Performs initial attack on fires and serves as an incident commander for initial action. Performs suppression operations on fire management unit. Assists in writing and implementing prescribed burn plans.
- Prepares reports and obtains information for possible use in apprehension and conviction of trespassers, arsonists, or other violators.
- Maintains records and reports including individual fire reports, fire resource orders, and incident action records.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548152400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.