The ideal candidate for this position will be a well-rounded IT/Network technician with experience working in classified enclosures. This position starts at a salary of $90,512 (GS-12). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mission Support Division Region IX team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will perform customer support and configuration management. Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a COMSEC custodian.
- Ensuring integrity and security of data resources, including both system and applications software and program data.
- Controlling access to the system by ensuring compliance with established system security procedures.
- Assisting in the planning, developing, coordinating, installing, implementing, maintaining and management of IT systems supporting both the Region IX office and remote operating locations.
- Reviewing, providing input, and integrating into the ITB system new functions or equipment configurations developed or provided by FEMA HQs staff to expand the present technical capabilities of the ITB system.
- Installing, configuring, and making operational a wide range of software.
- Developing and applying strategies to determine courses of action for operational malfunctions.
25% or less - 20% travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548135100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.