About the Position: This position is located with the U.S. Army Research and Development Center (ERDC), Coastal and Hydraulics Laboratory, Navigation Division.Learn more about this agency
May be filled as a Research General Engineer (0801), Research Architect (0808), Research Civil Engineer (Hydraulics) (0810), Research Mechanical Engineer (0830), or Research Physical Scientist (1301).
This position may be filled at either the Developmental DB-02 or the Full Performance Level DB-04.
- Prepare data reports, technical presentations, and other technical documentation describing model testing and analysis of results.
- Conduct one, two and/or three dimensional modeling of hydrodynamic flows and hydraulic structures using both physical and numerical models.
- Prepare and convert schematic drawings of hydraulic structures into CAD format using AutoCAD, Solidworks, AutoDesk Inventor, etc.
- Collect data using laser Doppler velocimetry, Acoustic Doppler Velocity meters and operate synchronized high speed digital camera systems.
- Develop experimental and analytical methods including the creation of new or evaluation of existing analysis protocols as they relate to hydraulic engineering.
- Prepare project budget and manpower requirements for engineering projects related to hydropower and inland structure investigations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548121400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.