THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a AUDITOR, Position Description Number T5144000 and is part of the Guam USPFO Comptroller Division, National Guard.
This position is located in the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO), Internal Review Division. The purpose of the position is to perform audits on a variety of programs and to assess efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with program laws, regulations, and provisions. In a state with 4 or more auditors, serves as an auditor-in charge of audit programs or difficult audit projects. Synthesizes the work of team members to develop a completed audit product; assesses the progress of subordinate team members in their individual assignments; and provides performance feedback to team members regarding weaknesses and approaches to fact-finding. Such information is provided to a higher level supervisor for consideration in interim and annual performance appraisals, and assessment of overall program management.
- Audits projects without precedent or of such a nature as to require original assessment and considerable judgment to develop an audit plan and devise detailed fact-finding techniques. Audit projects may include financial audits that require extensive cost and price analysis techniques. Audit assignments are typically of an on-going nature, cross organizational or functional lines (e.g., ANG and ARNG Contract Administration, ANG and ARNG Fiscal Accounting Activities, etc.) and are of such scope that they may require a team of auditors. Studies available background material to gain program information and discover leads. Typically, material includes very broad government and/or GAO guidelines or policy statements that require an in-depth knowledge and interpretation of government auditing principles. Prepares an audit program based on the use of appropriate advanced audit techniques.
- Conducts entrance conferences with management officials at the audit site. Explains the purpose and procedures for the audit and answers any questions. Performs survey work to identify potential operating/financial management problems. Reviews operating procedures and management practices of the activity. Prepares audit lead sheets to identify potential weaknesses in internal controls. Documents survey results in accordance with Comptroller General Standards.
- Accomplishes audit steps in concert with Comptroller General Standards and a variety of audit techniques (e.g., interviews, computer assisted, statistical analysis and questionnaires) in gathering, documenting and summarizing data. Prepares working papers and files in accordance with Comptroller General Standards. Prepares audit reports that present findings, identify causative situations and recommend corrective action. Follows up with discussion of findings with activity level officials. Persuades command level officials of the value of the recommendations with implementation as the ultimate objective and outcome.
- Performs audit follow-up on agreed-to findings, recommendations and monetary benefits made during the previous audit. Reports to the command on the status of corrective actions taken by functional activities.
- Provides unscheduled, quick reaction troubleshooting capabilities to the command to prevent or correct serious, high-profile problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548112100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.