This position serves as a first line supervisor of a Wildland Firefighter Type 2 IA Handcrew located on a forest unit and isLearn more about this agency
responsible for leadership of highly effective wildland fire suppression and wildland urban interface/intermix
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service website
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Supervises a group of employees. Performs the administrative and human resource management functions. Establishes guidelines and performance expectation of employee.
- Resolves informal complaints and grievances. Ensures a continuing affirmative application of policies concerning equal opportunity.
- Responsible for directing a module of a 10 to 20 person Handcrew.
- Recognizes, reacts to and communicates changes in predicted weather and fire behavior, topography and fuel types, and adapts planned strategies and tactics to identify and relocate firelines, escape routes and safety zones.
- Performs in other assignments on incidents involving wildland urban interface.
- Plans and implements work activities such as setting priorities, identifying objectives, coordinating resources, vehicles, supplies and equipment, developing job hazard analysis, and conducting job skill training.
- Assigns resources, conducts safety meetings, monitors work quality and quantity, tracks budget expenditures, and reports work progress and project accomplishments. Develop, implement and executes prescribed burn plans.
- Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical capabilities and other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548103100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.