This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Operations Division, Administrative Operations, Office of Security Programs.Learn more about this agency
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
As a Supervisory Security Specialist (Director of Security), you will:
- Determine the need for written polices, plans and procedures for the administration of the CFPB security operations and occupational safety and health programs. Oversee the development of policy and procedures documents, and reviews and approves them upon completion.
- Coordinate and direct the critical infrastructure protection program. Establish and evaluate agency-wide physical security policies and standards; perform periodic vulnerability assessments of the physical security operations at CFPB facilities to determine specific weaknesses and recommend improvements. As appropriate, recommend upgrades to physical security systems.
- Manage and technically direct contract administration activities for long-term, extensive technical services contracts, including the contract providing guard services on a 24/7 basis. Conduct quality control of work through personal contact or review to ensure compliance with technical, financial, delivery, and other terms of the contract. Manage the contracting process by overseeing the development of statements of work, monitoring performance, inspecting completed work against contract requirements, and by recommending progress payments, terminations, and other actions.
- Develop and coordinate CFPB threat advisory warning system.
- Develop and oversee the CFPB badging policies, procedures, and equipment, to include implementation of the HSPD-12 program.
- Manage the CFPB personnel security program to ensure policies, guidelines, and procedures reflect emerging best practices and government requirements. Oversee the coordination of adverse suitability investigations with Human Capital or Procurement, OPM risk determinations, issuance of security clearances, and any special investigations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/548016700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.