This position is in the Professional Work Category at the Senior Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA OC/Operations Directorate.Learn more about this agency
This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It is being recruited under 10 U.S.C. 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system.
- Serving as a consultant for developing standard methods and procedures by developing new/improved concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Adapting and applying advanced computer networking methods and techniques to solve complex communications processing requirements to provide reliable and cost effective networks supporting changing customer requirements.
- Leading technical discussions on communication systems and networks and preparing written reports or presentations reflecting results of studies or surveys.
- Performing various engineering functions for Optical Transport Network (OTN), Synchronous Optical Networks (SONET), Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH), communications and end-to-end information dissemination using emerging technologies.
- Performing difficult and independent assignments in the modeling, analysis, design, engineering, integration, performance monitoring, performance assessment, and upgrading of existing and future networks.
- Performing systems life-cycle activities required to turn a set of requirements into a capability.
- Leads technical discussions on communication systems and networks, and prepares written reports or presentations reflecting results of studies or surveys.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547986800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.