The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, preservation, protection, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD), as well as federal and industry partners. DTIC provides leading edge information services and analysis products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the IT Project Manager of the Cloud PMO Team under the general supervision of the Deputy Director of Information Technology Services
- Ensures the overall development, integration, information assurance coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts are maintained
- Collaborates with and interviews stakeholders, manages the process to transform user requirements into a deliverable application or system
- Identifies risks/deficiencies, creates contingency plans and deploys risk mitigation as appropriate
- Keeps senior leadership and project stakeholders informed and recommends appropriate technical and managerial actions on issues, risks, and significant developments impacting crucial mission and enterprise-wide system schedules, cost, and scope
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship or National
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- IAM Level I certification required
QualificationsBasic Requirement: Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating the following competencies appropriate to, or above, the level of this position. Your resume and work experience should clearly support your ability to meet these competencies and will be evaluated as part of the entire application process.
Attention to Detail- experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been responsible for reviewing the work of others to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards.
Customer Service- developing and maintaining relationships with customers, anticipating and assessing the current and future information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products or services that are tailored to meet customer needs.
Oral Communication- briefing senior-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
Problem Solving- identifying alternatives to address unique, highly complex, or sensitive information technology-related issues. I have anticipated information technology-related problems and have identified and evaluated potential sources of information to generate alternative solutions.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess: One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-13) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: experience in planning, developing, and implementing technical plans as well as properly aligning security programs that meet applicable security guidelines; Experience in program and project management for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Background or Security Investigation: The individual selected will be subject to an investigation in conjunction with granting of a security clearance prior to appointment. Selectee must be able to obtain and maintain a CS/Top Secret clearance. For more information about receiving and maintaining a security clearance, please click here.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Moving expenses may NOT be paid. Recruitment, Retention and Relocation Incentives may NOT BE authorized, however, only current Federal employees are eligible for Retention and Relocation Incentives.
- A two year probationary period may be required.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination.
- This is a position with a designated specialization of Information Assurance. As a condition of employment, the individual must possess or be able to obtain an Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I certification, within 6 months of employment. Employee is required to satisfactorily complete the appropriate training and obtain the required certification/recertification for this position as outlined in DOD 8570.1-M (Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program).
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Planning and Evaluating
- Project Management
- Requirements Analysis
You can preview the Assessment Questionnaire here: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10616664
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Resume: You are encouraged to choose only ONE method of submitting your resume. (HR will review the resume that the system date stamps as the latest one received and this may not be the resume, which best reflects your qualifications for the job and may result in an ineligible rating.) You may submit your resume by: attaching in your USAJOBS account. For assistance in preparing your resume, take a look at the DFAS Resume Tools.
2. Complete Assessment Questionnaire: Your resume must describe the quality of work in regards to responses to the occupational self-assessment questionnaire as they generate your numerical rating.
3. Other Supporting Documents.
4. Military Spouse Preference:Spousal Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders or travel orders, marriage certificate/license and the Self-Certification form are required to claim Military Spouse Preference.
The following supporting documents are ONLY required if applicable to your personal qualifications or status. They must be received by the closing date of the announcement or at the time of application if applying to an announcement with an extended closing date.
1. Transcripts and/or Certifications: All applicants to include current agency employees, must submit proof of education if the job announcement requires education to meet the basic qualification requirements, or if substituting education to meet the specialized experience requirements. Many applicants must also submit documentation for proof of meeting the basic education requirement. For additional information on acceptable documents, click here Transcripts and Certifications. All applicants to include current agency employees/contractors must also document your education and/or certifications in your resume. To be creditable, education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
2. Cover Letter: You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or determine eligibility for preference.
3. Veterans Preference: If you are claiming veteran's preference, you MUST submit the appropriate documentation. Failure to do so WILL result in the loss of veteran's preference, and will possibly impact your placement on the certificate. For more veterans' information please click here.
- You must submit a copy of your DD Form-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty", showing the dates of active duty service, type of discharge and the character of service. Alternatively, If you are a current military member in active duty service and do not have a copy of your DD Form-214, you must submit a written documentation (certification) from your branch of service certifying that you are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted with your application for this position. The certification should also include your rank, dates of active duty service and what they condition of discharge is thought to be.
- If claiming 10-point preference and/or are a 30% or more Disabled Veteran, you must submit both a DD Form-214 or expected discharge documentation as described above AND a copy of a letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or your branch of service certifying the presence of service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of disability
- If you are claiming eligibility based on 10-point derived veterans' preference (i.e. a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran claiming veterans' preference when the veteran is unable to use it), you must also submit a Standard Form 15 (SF-15) "Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference" and any required documents indicated on the SF-15 to substantiate the claimed preference.
- Click to review veterans authorities and required documents that verify eligibility for VEOA, VRA and/or 30% or more disabled veterans hiring authorities.
5. ICTAP Eligibles: A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF-50 if available.
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by 11:59 PM (EST) on 10/21/2019, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below.
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents.
- Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application.
- Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Agency contact information
HR Customer Care Center
AddressDEFENSE TECHNICAL INFORMATION CENTER
Indianapolis, IN 46249
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
Application of Veterans Preference: The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied.
All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547963600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.