This announcement may close early, after the first 50 applications have been received.Learn more about this agency
The Program Support Assistant works under the supervision of the Supervisory Administrative Officer for the office of the Deputy Chief or Staff (Med/Surg and Diagnostics) - Leavenworth Division and is responsible for a variety of daily operations and tasks in support of operations with the Primary Care Acute Care, Surgery and Diagnostics (lab and Recovery) section of the VA Easter Kansas Health Care System.
First area of consideration (AOC) will be given to AFGE (permanent employees) of EKHCS - Leavenworth, KS.
Second AOC will be given to any additional permanent employees of EKHCS.
Third AOC will be give to all other applicants.
The incumbent completes administrative tasks in support of a variety of clinical operations in the following areas: Primary Care, Cardiology, Nephrology, Emergency Department/Urgent Care Center, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Hematology/Oncology, Pulmonary, Infectious Disease, Rheumatology, Sleep Lab, Respiratory Therapy, EEG/EKG, Surgery/Anesthesia, Optometry, Ophthalmology, Podiatry, ENT, Orthopedics, Radiology, Nuclear Medicine, MRI, and Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
Duties include, but are not limited too:
- The incumbent serves as the Contract Officer Representative (COR) and completes mandatory and ongoing training to serve in this capacity. In the capacity of COR, will coordinate with respective clinical section chiefs and Supervisory Administrative Officer all requests for new contracts or existing contract modifications; this will include contracts for both goods and services, most of which are critical in nature and have a direct impact on delivery of patient care.
- Incumbent will submit all necessary documentation to VISN 15 Network Contracting Office and track to completion.
- Incumbent is responsible to monitor the contract for correct expenditures for the use of monetary and personnel resources, working in collaboration with other departments, including fiscal, to ensure work is performed within the scope of the contract.
- Incumbent is responsible for on-boarding of contract providers, to including requesting appropriate computer access and securing necessary facility resources for contract providers.
- Incumbent expedites requests for urgently needed items and coordinates with Prosthetics Service requests to borrow equipment, and supplies or implantable items from vendors or manufacturers.
- Incumbent is responsible for tracking procurement to completion.
- The incumbent performs as the clinical training coordinator, for the assigned service(s) under the Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff (Med/Surg and Diagnostics).
- Incumbent ensures that all new clinical employees are scheduled for the required facility orientation.
- Incumbent provides transcription services, as necessary, for physicians or clinics that are not able to use Powerscribe or other voice recognition dictation systems.
- Incumbent reviews documents to ensure they are authorized in accordance with regulations, charges to the applicable Fund Control Point (FCP) and ensures funds are available to cover obligation.
- Incumbent establishes and maintains Competency Folders; ensuring folders contain appropriate contents (e.g.,CARF, Joint Commission, competency standards, mandatory training, age-specific requirements and licensure/registrations).
- Incumbent completes other general administrative duties as assigned by the Supervisory Administrative Officer.
Compressed/Flexible/Telework: Not authorized
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant/08934-A
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547950100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.