The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Marianna, FL as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process. Apply for this exciting opportunity!Learn more about this agency
Local Hire employees:
- Help FEMA respond to, recover from and mitigate all hazards by performing a variety of emergency management functions which are not limited to disaster survivor assistance, conducting and verifying damage assessments, and providing administrative, financial and logistical support.
- A local hire’s term of employment is 120 days. Local Hire appointments may be extended, in 120 day increments, for a maximum 365 day appointment, based on the needs of the disaster.
- Work within 23 different Cadres which are groups of personnel organized by operational function and FEMA Qualification System (FQS) position.
- Each Local Hire is hired to a position within a Cadre based on his or her skills and experience.
FEMA is seeking candidates with experience in logistics management.
In this position, you will provide subject matter expertise in logistics operations.
Typical assignments include:
- Reconciling items accurately including; bill of lading, shipping documents, inventory lists, and property transfer reports.
- Loading and unloading trucks and assisting with the maintenance of the facilities.
- Submitting requests for supplies, equipment, personnel, teams, services, or commodities using FEMA-approved systems.
- Tracking requests, monitoring and placing orders, tracking shipping status, and reconciling discrepancies as directed using FEMA-approved systems.
- Receiving, inspecting and distributing equipment and other materials to proper recipients while maintaining accountability.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547928000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.