This position is part of the Warfare Centers Personnel Demonstration Project. The ND-4 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-12 and GS-13; the ND-5 pay band encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.Learn more about this agency
You will serve as the Engineering Team Lead (ETL) for AN/SQQ-89 Undersea Warfare Combat System projects in the Sensors and Sonar Systems Department, Surface Ship & Aviation Systems Division (Code 155) of the Naval Undersea Warfare Center Division Newport.
- You will research, design, and develop complex state-of-the-art electronic equipment and systems in support of AN/SQQ-89 Undersea Warfare Combat System projects.
- You will ensure technical coordination across surface ship SONAR related projects from multiple program offices, including commonality efforts between the cruiser and destroyer classes.
- You will actively participate in the development of the latest technology insertion hardware baseline and the associated advanced capability build software, which contains the latest functionality for integration.
- You will provide technical leadership to a diverse team of government and contractor employees in the design and acquisition process.
- You will lead cross-disciplinary and cross-organization teams to resolve engineering issues found in plant, in the shipyard, or at sea.
- You will ensure thorough analysis assessments are conducted and solutions are executed to ensure satisfactory system performance through ship delivery.
- You will ensure the technical integrity of all products delivered under the SQQ-89 production project.
- You will work across NUWC departments, Code 15 divisions, and product lines to provide support to sensors and acoustic systems to ensure end-to-end system performance.
- You will coordinate closely with the SQQ-89 Technical Project Manager and Lead Systems Engineer to maximize commonality initiatives.
- You will interact directly with the Fleet, shipyards, program office personnel, technical warrant holders, customer advocates, cross-department personnel, and cross-development teams.
- You will present project status and engineering analysis briefings to high-level personnel from the various program offices, NUWC leadership, and contractor organizations.
- You will mentor junior personnel to ensure consistency of core NUWC technical competencies related to surface ship sonar acquisition.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547906700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.