This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Center for Global Health (CGH), Division of Global HIV and TB, Overseas Strategy and Management Branch, located in Atlanta, Georgia.Learn more about this agency
As an Epidemiologist you will:
- Provides overall management and support for a portfolio of seven to ten countries.
- Supervise, advise and mentor DGHT Country Directors and is knowledgeable and aware of all aspects of the applicable Country Operational Plan (COP), Regional Operational Plan (ROP) or Country Assistance Plan (CAP) activities, issues and challenges. Serves as the rating official for the Performance Management Appraisal Program (PMAP) for Country Directors. Monitors and approves leave requests for the Country Directors.
- Conduct site visits, at least yearly, to each country and spends time meeting individually with the Country Director, Deputy Director and local staff in each country.
- Provide technical and managerial guidance based on individual country needs and larger international context as appropriate.
- Review cooperative agreement applications and continuations for Human Subjects Research Determination restricting funds if appropriate.
- Serve as an advisor to the Branch Chief and Division Director in the formulation of long-and-short-range plans, operating policies, and strategies for continuing the goals of the Division and Agency as it relates to the country programs and regional programs that the RAD oversees.
- Supervise a small contingent of positions.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position; 5% Domestic, 20% International
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547902700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.