This position is located within the Forest Service, International Programs. Responsibilities include planning and implementing programs of technical cooperation between the Forest Service and counterparts in the foreign country, region, or technical area of assignment.Learn more about this agency
For additional information about the duties of this position, contact Kathleen Sheridan at (202) 644-4580 or email@example.com.
- Serves as coordinator and principal advisor for planning and implementing programs of technical cooperation between the Forest Service and counterparts in the foreign country, region or technical program area to which assigned.
- Ensures all aspects of the programs are planned and carried out in a timely and efficient manner to promote the sustainable development, management, and conservation of forest resources and other natural resources.
- Identifies opportunities for future expansion of cooperative programs.
- Develops and analyzes program alternatives, consults with appropriate Government officials and other partners, and recommends appropriate actions in cooperation with key counterparts.
- Provides program planning, budgeting, fiscal controls; review and modification of proposals; selection and supervision of detailers, consultants, and contractors; travel; design and implementation of training courses and technical assistance.
- Identifies potential problems and emerging issues and makes recommendations on the appropriate course of action for the Forest Service to follow.
- Negotiates programs of work and agreements with ministries of host-country governments and/or other partners as appropriate.
- Oversees development of strategies and assistance in the design, implementation, and evaluation of activities, technical review of country strategies, and annual report documents.
- Approves and manages financial mechanisms for accomplishing program goals and objectives such as grants, cooperative agreements, joint ventures, contracts, and other procurement mechanisms.
25% or less - Domestic and international travel to work with partners and in-country staff, conduct or attend training and conferences.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547880900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.