This position is located in the Economics Research Service, Resource & Rural Economics Division, Structure, Technology and Productivity Branch, in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for survey and database development in support of research on farm structure as well as farm business financial and productive performance.
- Responsible for data development for the ERS Farm Business and Household Research Program, which is used by ERS and outside analysts and researchers to develop estimates and analyses of data obtained through the ARMS.
- Participates in team efforts to prepare a database that is screened for confidentiality disclosure and includes measures of statistical reliability.
- Maintain a high degree of expertise on farm income accounting, responsible for helping to develop databases that contain farm business income statement and balance sheet data, and that can be used to derive farm household income and wealth accounts.
- Responsible for identifying the survey, accounting, and data development tasks required to complete the work on developing farm and farm household economic and financial databases of importance to the Department.
- Quality is insured by tracking ongoing developments in ARMS questionnaire and survey design, farm business strategies, farm financial accounting, and government programs necessary to develop accurate farm financial measures.
- Provides semiannual updates to current and prior year research databases, as well as updates of the current archive system, and posts updated annual copies of SAS programs associated with the FBHH database.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547852600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.