The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience with a variety of human capital programs and initiatives in order to provide technical advice to the Office of the Component Chief Human Capital Officer (OCCHCO) on various sensitive, complex, and controversial human capital activities. This position starts at a salary of $137,849 (GS-15). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the OCCHCO team within FEMA.
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.Learn more about this agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as the Senior Advisor to the Chief Component Human Capital Officer in the conceptualization, development and implementation of policies, guidelines, procedures and activities that ensure effective, efficient operation of the Office and the Agency's mission. Typical assignments include:
- Serving as a primary source of high-level policy advice and expertise to Executive-level personnel on complex programmatic matters relative to the Agency.
- Conducting a broad range of special studies and projects that crosscut functional human resources subject areas of the Agency's business lines for policy determination or program implementation.
- Participating with the Chief Component Human Capital Officer and senior-level staff in strategic planning efforts and feasibility studies.
- Consulting with senior management and advising on matters of policy, budget, human resources, contract, and administrative decisions.
- Advising authoritative advice and recommendations to Executive-level personnel related to the formulation, execution, and evaluation of long-range technical, operational, and management program and policy planning activities.
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel may be required (5%).
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547773000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.