About the Position: White Sands Missile Range is a unique tri-service facility for test, evaluation, research, and assessment of military systems and commercial products. The range is located in the Tularosa Basin of south-central New Mexico 30 miles east of Las Cruces, New Mexico, and 45 miles north of El Paso, Texas. Due to the unique location of White Sands Missile Range, on-post housing is available for civilians. For more information go to http://www.whitesandshousing.com/Learn more about this agency
- Formulates, develops, coordinates, executes and supervises the functions of the Protocol Office.
- Provides advice and assistance on protocol matters to the Command Group and others throughout the command and outside the command as required.
- Develops comprehensive concept plans for official visits and social functions by providing for the integration and coordination of key events.
- Independently conceptualizes, plans, coordinates, and executes all protocol aspects of visits of high ranking U.S. and foreign dignitaries, and special ceremonies hosted by senior leadership.
- Plans and coordinates the conduct of official social functions.
- Assures that appropriate air or surface transportation and appropriate escort officers are provided for each visit.
- Publishes and distributes to the staff, command group, and tenant commands the weekly visitor report.
- Provides advice and assistance to the Commanding General, Chief of Staff and other members of the command on matters pertaining to protocol and customs of the Army and other services as well as customs and courtesies of other countries.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes all protocol aspects of official events, e.g., change of command ceremonies, ribbon cutting and ground-breaking ceremonies, hail and farewell ceremonies, receptions, and official luncheons and dinners.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is 05 percent on an annual basis.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547747900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.