This position is located in the USDA- Office of the Chief Financial Officer, National Finance Center,Learn more about this agency
Government Employees Services Division.
The incumbent serves as a Chief of the Web Requirement Branch within the National Finance Center, Government Employees Services Division (GESD), Web Applications Directorate with delegated responsibility for directing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating assigned GESD programs and activities.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff in establishing priorities, developing plans, meeting established deadlines and resolving problems.
- Develops policies related to assigned program responsibilities and ensures that assigned branch staff follow established industry and Branch information technology standards and polices.
- Assesses the impact of proposed changes on assigned responsibilities and develops a recommended plan of action for implementing appropriate changes.
- Evaluates technical staff and administrative support staff and serves as the rating official on evaluations of employees.
- Makes decisions on non-routine, costly, or controversial training needs and training requests related to employees of the unit.
- Serves as a senior member in Division strategic planning activities and plans a key role in developing the Information Resource management plan, annual performance plan, and the requirements for the Division capital and operational budget.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547746100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.