This position is located in the East Asia and Pacific Division, Korean Service. The incumbent serves as a Supervisory International Broadcaster in a multimedia environment with full editorial responsibility for supervising a staff, planning and directing programming and production within the Service. This position requires a fluency in Korean and English languages with the ability to write, report, speak and interview in the languages.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Has full editorial responsibility for directing the development and production of complex broadcast programming for radio, TV, the internet and social media.
- Selects and approves program concepts, news story ideas, etc., for appropriateness of content and balance, and targeted area of interest.
- Assigns staff members to cover events.
- Edits completed radio, TV or internet and social media scripts to ensure accuracy of tone, balance, and policy conformance.
- Develops short and long-term work plans, sets and adjust short-term priorities, and prepares schedules to meet production requirements.
- Plans and assigns work to staff based on work requirements and staff expertise; assigns staff members to cover special and recent events, current issues, and other newsworthy items.
- Develops appropriate performance standards and acts as the rating official in the performance appraisal process.
- Maintains contacts with U.S.-North Korea experts or specialists in the assigned subject area, discussing issues and ideas pertinent to broadcast program development.
- Keeps staff and the Chief informed on political, cultural and economic developments that may contribute to the quality of the airshows.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547665600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.