About the Position: This position is with The Chemical Biological Center (CBC).Learn more about this agency
THIS IS AN INTERDISCIPLINARY POSITION AND MAY BE FILLED WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE OCCUPATIONS
This is a Modified Term Appointment not to exceed 5 years. Employees serving under this appointment may be eligible for permanent conversion to a career conditional appointment after two years of continuous service.
- Serves under the general supervision of an employee of higher grade who defines the overall objectives and sets the resources available.
- Research toxicological issues of importance to the Chemical Biological Defense (CBD).
- Act as a laboratory authority on models for predicting molecular targets and toxicity pathways from chemical structures.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and accomplishes test methods for building, assessing and implementing machine learning approaches to support toxicological decision making in support of the Chemical Biological Defense (CBD) Program.
- Construct and maintain computational infrastructure required for mission readiness.
- Coordinate between security and information technology offices to ensure policy compliance with sensitive data storage and transfer.
- Plan, guide and conduct computational assessments to predict the pharmacological and toxicological effects of emerging threat compounds.
- Mine open-source databases, licensed software and/or internal repositories.
- Design and performance test new quantitative structure activity relationship (QSAR) models
- Integrate or adapt modeling approaches across different programming platforms/languages (e.g. Python).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547638800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.