This announcement may be used to fill positions with a seasonal work schedule where full-time work is guaranteed for 18 pay periods and when not working, you will be placed in non-pay/non-duty status.Learn more about this agency
Duties listed below are at the full performance level, GS-09. For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Justin Koller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-747-4297.
- This position is located at the Sitka Ranger District on the Tongass National Forest. The incumbent will serve as a fishery biologist in the administration of the fishery habitat and related coordination with other resources.
- Serve as a leader of fish monitoring projects.
- Work cooperatively with State, Tribal, and Federal fish, aquatic species, and water quality management agencies to gather information for stream and lake management plans, and surveys of aquatic species occurrence.
- Participate in fishery monitoring program activities by making observations, gathering data, and reporting findings.
- Ensure compliance with fishery investigation plans and coordinate studies of fish populations.
- Carry out planned assignments independently in accordance with proven techniques, methods, practices, and previous experience.
- Recommend solutions to problems involving aquatic species data collection.
- Develop project investigation plans related to aquatic species monitoring for inclusion in a Natural Resources program of work.
- Gather and compile biological data to document the results of past fishery and aquatic resource activities in technical and professional reports.
- Operate motorized boats in lakes and coastal salt waters.
- Follow safety procedures to ensure the protection of passengers, cargo and motorized boat.
- Lift and carry loads up to 70 lbs.
- Develop standard plans for evaluating fisheries populations.
25% or less - Travel will be required in order to perform work in the field and to attend meetings and/or training sessions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547629600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.