The Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC) is the central facility for the acquisition, preservation, protection, retrieval, and dissemination of scientific and technical information (STI) supporting the Research and Engineering (R&E) needs of the Department of Defense (DoD), as well as federal and industry partners. DTIC provides leading edge information services and analysis products to the DoD community as a recognized leader in information and knowledge management innovations.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a senior staff advisor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) related to the collection of Public Access Scientific and Technical Information (STI).
- Provides expert input regarding the development and implementation of procedures for the collection, processing, storage, and dissemination of STI journal articles.
- Develops recommendations on how to make journal articles and conference proceedings available in accordance with regulation and copyright.
- Researches information sources and works with contributors on the collection and management of STI journal articles.
- Ensures that appropriate document markings and citation information is in place to enhance information retrieval and access control.
- Conducts outreach activities to explain to managers, librarians, and researchers how Public Access STI is administered.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547620800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.