You will participate with the Executive Director to provide executive level line management for the planning, initiation and execution of emergency and domestic programs conducted by Plant Protection and Quarantine (PPQ); establish policies, procedures, budgets, accountability measures, and data collection systems that will ensure effectiveness and scientific soundness of national pest management programs and represents the Agency on all matters related to emergency and domestic programs.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for emergency preparedness planning development and coordination for plant health programs.
- Responsible for representing PPQ on the APHIS Emergency Preparedness Committee.
- Serves as the PPQ Policy Management cross functional management group member overseeing the accountability of various PPQ cross functional working groups.
- Participates in establishing goals and objectives for the programs: developing overall operational plans and reporting on program activities.
- Champions participation in the APHIS Volunteer Emergency Ready Response Corps (VERRC), a national roster of qualified personnel who are available for emergency response.
- Keeps the USDA and other U.S. Agencies informed of pest and pathogen outbreaks and emergencies, including recent advances in control methodology, and other newly developed information on plant pests.
- Represents PPQ at national and international meetings concerning the modification of rules, regulations, and procedures set forth to enforce cooperative and operational programs.
- Serves as consultant and advisor to Federal/State officials, representatives of industry and plant protection organizations, individuals, and other officials concerning programs objectives.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547558300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.