These positions are located in a USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service center, in Columbus, NJ or Frenchtown, NJ.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical guidance and leadership in the overall planning, design, installation, and maintenance of the engineering phases of soil and water conservation practices as well as watershed flood protection programs.
- Coordinates and supervises the planning, design and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management, erosion control, flood control, and other conservation practices needing engineering guidance.
- Plans and conducts pre-bid site showing, approves construction schedules, monitors work for compliance with plans and specification and contract requirements.
- Directs the quality assurance program and supervises the government technicians and/or inspectors. Performs other duties related to construction contract compliance including invoice verification, plan estimate and contract modification.
- Directs and performs site investigations and feasibility studies, field checks and field construction checks for conservation practice installations.
- Recommends changes in design, specifications, and schedule to accommodate conditions at the construction site, availability of materials, or to expedite construction.
- Coordinates and conducts necessary quality assurance reviews of planned, designed, and constructed engineering projects in the assigned area or state.
- Provides technical guidance and training to personnel in the area of all engineering practices and in the use and care of engineering equipment. Enlists the aid of appropriate specialist in conducting training when necessary.
- Serves as training location leader for newly hired NRCS engineers and technicians.
- Serves as or directs the Contracting Officer?s Representative (COR).
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547548600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.