The Southern Arizona VA Health Care System (SAVAHCS) professional staff is seeking a full-time physician with interest/training in geriatric care to serve as a gap provider in our 92-bed Community Living Center (CLC), 32-bed Southwest Blind Rehabilitation (SWBR), Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) Clinic, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) inpatient unit. Experience in subacute medical/, rehabilitation, geriatrics, spinal cord injury, and hospice/palliative patient care services is helpful.Learn more about this agency
The gap physician will provide medical coverage to patients when their primary provider is unavailable. Duties performed will be consistent with selected provider's granted privileges and based upon individual training, qualifications, and experience. The selected individual will be responsible for performing duties to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide care within the context of a multidisciplinary approach and documents services through appropriate notes.
- Provide clinical oversight to Nurse Practitioners, Fellows, Residents and students and participate in the education program.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team activities and provides cross coverage to other programs.
- Participate actively in delivering in-service training for medical center staff, Geriatric Medicine Fellows, medical residents, and medical students; and supports an environment that promotes academic excellence and encourages continual learning; and
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other practice areas to ensure adequate and appropriate delivery of long-term care services to Veterans.
- Home call coverage of the CLC from 1630 - 1900hrs, Monday - Friday, shared with other physicians in the CLC clinical area
Board Certified or Board Eligible in Geriatrics, Internal Medicine, and/or Family Medicine. Must be able to attain affiliate faculty appointment with the University of Arizona Medical School.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
A recruitment or relocation incentive may be authorized for this position.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services Office.
Federal Benefits for Full-Time Physicians:
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- 13 days sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days military leave per year for active reservists and National Guard
- Health and Life Insurance (may elect coverage into retirement)
- Pay for performance up to an amount equal to 7.5% of annual pay up to $15,000
- Authorized Absence for Continuing Medical Education
- Liability protection for Federal Employees
- Retirement - Federal Annuity Plan
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-tax deferred savings plan)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547511100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.