The applicant count for this position is limited to 150 applicants. Once that count is reached, the vacancy announcement will close, which may be prior to October 15, 2019.Learn more about this agency
This position is responsible for providing a full range of administrative and operation support for the regional office in Kansas City, MO.
The Program Support Assistant is responsible for providing a full range of administrative and operational support for the regional office.
- Provide direct support to the Region Director and staff by maintaining, creating, organizing, updating and generating reports from multiple systems.
- Assist the Deputy Director in the timely completion or revision of actions related to staff management, status/report submissions, and/or renewals, etc.
- Support Portfolio Managers with administrative tasks related to compliance, generating program documents, and distributing sponsor agreements and funding checks.
- Responsible for assisting with the post award financial operations and financial reporting of various sections within the regional offices.
- Composes, prepares, transcribes, proofreads, and/or edits a wide variety of paperwork including that of a confidential, complex, and/or technical nature. Drafts/prepares written correspondence including proposals, agreements, agendas, reports, and minutes ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness with limited supervision and direction.
- Supports in the collection and compilation of statistical data required to prepare reports such as income/expenditure, budget, program and financial audits.
- Reconciles credit card statements, maintains equipment inventory records, and performs calendar management duties.
- Assist in maintaining and archiving program and administrative files and procures supplies, publications, and equipment.
- Plan large conferences and meetings, including handling logistical arrangements, making hotel and travel arrangements, and providing on-site support.
- Processes and tracks contractor and vendor contracts; processes time sheets and travel vouchers; prepare departmental spreadsheets; develop and maintain databases and assists with the day-to-day organizational coordination of user support and communications.
- Provide Human Resource support such as coordinating interviews for prospective regional staff, on-boarding and off-boarding employees, and tracking the completion of performance evaluations and work plans
- Evaluate, propose, and/or implement innovative and/or new administrative and operational processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of support provided to the region including developing and maintaining tracking systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547491400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.