The Oklahoma City Veterans Affairs Health Care System is seeking an experience Physician for our Emergency Department, who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our country. Positions in the VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will report directly to the Medical Director, Emergency Department and/or the Chief of Staff. Candidate selected will perform clinical duties by providing emergent medical treatment and personal care services to ill and injured veterans.
Clinical Duties Include:
- Evaluates and assesses patient conditions
- Documents observations, assessments, and changes in patients' conditions in computerized medical records system (CPRS).
- Performs physical examinations
- Orders appropriate diagnostic tests
- Determines need for hospitalization (either at this facility or by transferring patient to another facility)
- Collaborates with health team members to facilitate positive patient outcomes
- Completes clinical reminders and meets expected performance measures.
Work Schedule: Multiple Shifts (ER is covered 24/7)
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: May be authorized for well-qualified candidates.
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. If selected for this position you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements, and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547479600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.