OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as an Administrative Support Assistant to the Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service and performs direct administrative support to the Chief Medical Technologist. The position is located at the William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital in Madison, WI.
- Serves as primary timekeeper and maintains time and attendance records for the Pathology & Laboratory Medicine Service.
- Directs preparation of recurring reports and assists with special assignments such as space utilization, information required for CAP, Joint Commission, and other accreditations.
- Assists in preparation of non-recurring reports and compiling statistical data for recurring reports and audits.
- Responsible for daily transcription and data entry of all surgical pathology, autopsy, and cytology reports utilizing VISTA.
- Receives, logs, and processes all reports to the patient's electronic medical record; generates supplementary pathology reports to update patient files.
- Assists in the preparation and processing of fee basis procedures for send out lab tests and overnight deliveries.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of service policies and numbered memoranda.
- Enters and edits data as the TMS coordinator to record the required continuing education and training activities of all service staff; prepares education and training reports as requested for administrative and supervisory personnel.
- Assists the Budget Clerk in certain budgetary functions and maintaining accountability for contract supplies and services.
- Receives calls, greets visitors, and directs staff members.
- Receives and distributes mail, prepares routine replies, arranges for travel, maintains supervisor calendars, types and reviews documents.
- Arranges meetings, prepares reports and correspondence, types meeting minutes, and maintains a filing system.
- Is purchase card holder; complies with all Federal, VA, and local acquisition regulations.
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Administrative Support Assistant/PD133270
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547445600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.