Serves as Chief of the Instrument Systems and Technology Division (ISTD), with the responsibility for planning, organizing, coordinating, and conducting programmatic activities falling within the role and mission of the ISTD at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy announcement has been amended to extend the closing date from 11/01/2019 to 11/08/2019.
- Provides technical and programmatic management of all earth and space science instruments hardware spanning the entire electromagnetic spectrum including optical systems, electro-optical systems, solid state devices, cryogenic, and microwave systems.
- Develops and supports the development of partnerships with other organizations internal and external to the agency for instrument developments and the measurements they support.
- Provides technical and programmatic management in the areas of radiation detectors and associated instrument front-end-electronic readout systems, cryogenic cooling systems, optical systems, laser instrument systems, and microwave instrument systems.
- Implements and conducts a broad technology program in optical systems, electro-optical systems, solid state devices, cryogenic systems, microwave systems and related technologies in support of the Earth and Space science community.
- Provides engineering support for a comprehensive array of facilities for development, assembly, integration, and testing a variety of science instruments.
- Manages advanced capabilities in cryogenic cooling developments and associated technologies to support cryogenic instruments.
- Manages advanced capabilities in the microwave area in the development of new instrument technology capabilities.
- Manages advanced capabilities in the laser/lidar area in the development of new instrument capabilities.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547435300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.