The incumbent serves as a multimedia reporter, editor, producer and/or host for the Zimbabwe Service, Africa Division. Incumbent has responsibility for researching, reporting, interviewing, writing, recording, editing and producing news and feature broadcasts, as well as preparing scripts and hosting segments and programs as needed. Incumbent is competent producing content from the field as well as in the office and must be available for all shifts.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Initiates coverage of news and feature stories in consultation with the Service Chief and Senior Editors. Working on tight deadlines, participates fully in coverage of major events, and in preparation and execution of daily programs.
- As a multimedia journalist, serves simultaneously as a solo reporter, writer, producer, and/or videographer for news and feature stories considered of a competitive quality level for the Africa broadcast market. Handles all technical elements and equipment on assignment.
- Initiates and conducts original interviews with a variety of news sources and subjects. Cultivates a variety of sources in Zimbabwe and the African continent and elsewhere, including area experts and analysts, and monitors daily newspaper, magazines, digital news sources, etc., to track news developments.
- Contributes production elements including editing of recorded material and production of live air shows. Writes, prepares and voices scripts, segments and interviews for on-air and pre-recorded programs.
- Hosts broadcast newscasts, prime-time programs, discussion shows, feature segments, and interactive social media programs, as needed.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547410100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.