The ideal candidate for will have experience in the administration and support of the System Configuration Control Manager (SCCM) application to create Microsoft SCCM Operating System Deployment (OSD) packages for workstations and servers. This position starts at a salary of $99,172 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center (MWEOC) team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the System Configuration Control Manager SQL database and backups of the data. Typical assignments include:
- Building and deploying SCCM installation packages and builds schedules SCCM advertisements.
- Ensuring systems are kept current with appropriate software, patches, fixes, security issues, and all compliancy.
- Designing, testing, and developing software update packages while supporting the program office with documentation and installation procedures for software upgrades and patches.
- Planning and scheduling the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software.
- Provides senior technical support to customers who need advice, assistance applying hardware and software systems; troubleshoots complex problems and manages customer trouble tickets using automated standardized system.
Occasional travel - This position may require non-emergency travel (5%)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547347600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.