About the Position: Defense Contract Management Agency uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and appoint qualified individuals directly into shortage category or critical need acquisition positions.Learn more about this agency
The pay band NH-03 includes the General Schedule grades equivalent to GS-12/13.
Other initiatives under the Acquisition Demonstration Project include simplified classification, streamlined hiring process and expanded developmental opportunities.
- Plans, executes, and documents surveillance of design, development, and production efforts at contractor facilities on behalf of the CMO using the performance indicators identified in DCMA engineering surveillance processes.
- Implements agency policy and provides expert engineering support; conducts engineering surveillance analysis including new, innovative applications/developments.
- Performs all work in accordance with agency policies, standards, metrics and standard operating procedures for effective contract administration of Department of Defense (DoD) acquisitions.
- Applies advanced tools to document and analyze the results of critical, complex surveillance activities and demand tasks.
- Conducts Contract Receipt and Review (CRR) functions related to contract cost, schedule and performance for buying activities and DCMA elements.
- Applies DCMA engineering surveillance performance indicators to assess and record the contractor?s performance and provide expert feedback to the CE.
- Brings controversial information or unusual findings to the attention of the CE. Prepares, provides, and evaluates documentation regarding specific, unique engineering and manufacturing questions requiring resolution.
- Completes advanced engineering demand tasks such as reviewing engineering change proposals, requests for waivers and deviations, and nonconforming materials.
Occasional travel - Business travel is required 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547281000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.