About the Position: You will work under the direct supervision of the Integrated Training Area Management (ITAM) Program Coordinator, Training Division - DPTMS, who makes operational and program assignments in terms of specifically defined missions or functions also, Serve as the subject matter expert for daily Range and Training Land Assessment (RTLA) program operations .Learn more about this agency
As a Biologist (Range & Training Land Assessment Coordinator), GS-0401-11, some of the typical work assignments may include but not limited to the following:
- Provides professional expertise necessary to assess the natural and cultural resources on Army training lands through vegetation and soil erosion impact surveys.
- Implements protocols to inventory and monitor training land condition while mitigating potential soil erosion problems through appropriate design.
- Develops methods for implementing planning surveys and conducts analysis of trends in floral and faunal populations, community structure, species frequency, and diversity indices to identify spatial distribution of natural resources.
- Collects and analyzes geospatial data identifying empirical relationships between land condition and training use frequency, duration, and intensity.
- Identifies areas susceptible to water erosion that may create a safety hazard, reduce access to training lands or impede maneuver.
- Identifies erosion points along range roads, tank trails and forward area weapon sites.
- Develops methods to minimize the transport of sediment and concentrated runoff from roadways to drainages and provide safe driving conditions for vehicles.
- Develops and maintains the installation environmental baseline database to support training land management decision processes.
- Operate farm equipment such as; landscaping dozers; 2 and 4 wheel attachment farm tractors; skid steers with attachments; pick up or tractor pulled water and dump trailers, and 6 ton or less fork lifts.
Occasional travel - 5% business travel may be required for annual travel
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547277000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.