This position is located in the USDA-Office of the Chief Financial Officer, National Finance Center Office of the Director, National Finance Center Office of the Deputy Director, Internal Audit & Compliance Group.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position serves as Chief of the Internal Audit & Compliance Group (IACG), which is responsible for performing ongoing reviews of administrative and program functions.
- Develops and documents standards for measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of audit operations in accordance with the Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA).
- Performs reviews of agency functions to ensure the adequacy of internal controls, compliance with regulations, and the integrity of the system.
- Recommends necessary corrective actions to strengthen internal controls and reduce cost of operations.
- Serves as the liaison for external groups such as the Office of Inspector General (OIG), the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- Reviews audit reports prepared by external and internal audit agencies in order to develop and establish standards.
- Provides oversight of agency's information system security program and to the incident response process.
- Reviews and evaluates the day-to-day improvements in the flow of work and coordinates the flow of work and personnel.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547170800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.