This position is part of the NHQs Human Resources Office, Selective Service System. The incumbent will be responsible forproviding human resources services in benefits such as retirement, health benefits, life insurance, TSP, etc. to agency customers.Learn more about this agency
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
As a Human Resources Specialist (Benefits) at the GS-0201-11/12, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Provide guidance on coverage determinations, decision factors, service requirements and other benefits, annuity provisions, offset computations, interrelationship with social security, retirement eligibility, computed annuity, creditable service, etc.
- Apply retirement benefits, entitlements, health and life insurance, and Thrift Savings Plan laws regulations, procedures, respective legislative changes; military service regulations, veterans' benefits and prior government service; and counseling techniques sufficient to implement the agency's retirement and benefits programs.
- Respond to complex benefits questions; provide information necessary to help employees obtain maximum gains from available benefits.
- Provide individual employee counseling on retirement options, eligibility requirements, health and life insurance, and Thrift Savings Plan issues.
- Explain options to employee regarding military benefits, veterans preference and prior government service and it relates to federal benefits.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/547070300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.